Tungsten carbide pellet is used to be welded onto the surface of the tools or work parts to form a hardened wear-resistant layer in order to provide protection against abrasive wear and therefore increase the service life of the tools and work parts. It is cost effective and is widely used in the drilling and manufacturing industry, engineering machinery, metallurgical as well as mining industry etc.
Tungsten Carbide Pellet will dramatically increase the wear life of all hardfacing deposit and has no thin edges or points to wear away quickly. It packs well, thus allowing only very small spaces between each pellet. It is designed to provide a balance between wear and impact resistance.
Superiority of tugnsten carbide pellet
1. Ideal for routine pressing of abrasive materials.
2. Harder than steel pellets.
3. Polished face of pellet ensures a flat analytical surface on the sample disk.
4. Toughness of cobalt bonded matrix with excellent impact resistance
5. Spherical shape and low rates of cutting action verses angular shape carbides (sliding wear vs. cutting functions).